2014年4月4日

QR Codes for Gravestone Epitaph

Recently, a dream made me wonder why not apply QR codes for gravestone epitaph.

Tomorrow, it is a national holiday called Tomb Sweeping Day in Taiwan.  We worship our ancestors on that day, but not really know their stories and how they looked when living except someone we have ever met in their life time or someone famous.   I am thinking...if we keep the memory in digital notes for each person, and memorise them with their stories or what they would like to inspire us with their life experience, will such worship more meaningful to us?

The platforms to make QR codes and digital notes are ready and many are free.

A digital note can be a blog, an individual web site, or a web service that can let you write a note and share in public.

For example, I post my cat's pictures on http://kimistory.tumblr.com
When my cat has lived through its life, I can have a QR code created from http://createqrcode.appspot.com by putting the tumblr url to the code generation form, then
either make a sticker or a acrylic sheet with the QR code, and fix the QR code on the place where my cat rests.



Whenever I come across its resting place, I can scan the QR codes with my mobile phone, then its lovely pictures will show on my mobile.

This idea may be useful to the business of gravestone, sticker, web site production, or funeral service.

沒有留言: